The City of Belen is actively recruiting 2 temporary clerical positions to assist with the offices at City Hall. The positions are not to exceed 120 days. Starting pay is $10.56 with no benefits. A permanent position may be offered.
If you know of anyone who has good office skills can type, file documents and has good computer skills have them fill out a city application and or submit a resume to the Office of Human Resources by close of business Friday March 10, 2017.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Under general supervision of the City Manager, applicant must have skilled clerical work experience providing clerical, receptionist and administrative knowledge in support of the Administrative Department. This position normally works 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, with limited evening and weekend work. The candidate must have the ability to achieve high standards in customer service, attention to detail, and have good computer software knowledge (MS Office Suite). Willingness to support other City of Belen departments a must.
- Must be 18 years old with High School Diploma or equivalent such as GED;
- (2) Two years of progressive “clerical/secretarial” knowledge, skills and abilities;
- Knowledge of administrative clerical policies and procedures;
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form;
- Advanced knowledge and experience in the operation of computer word processing software;
- As a condition of employment, must be able to pass drug and alcohol screening;
- A valid New Mexico’s drivers license is required;
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) ability preferred, but not mandatory.
If you have any questions, please call me.
Lorenzo Carrillo / Human Resources Manager
City of Belen
100 S. Main St.. Belen, NM 87002
Fax: (505) 966-2741